Mark Schatzker is the author of The Dorito Effect and Steak. His award-winning journalism has appeared in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Conde Nast Traveler and Best American Travel Writing. He is also a radio columnist for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation and lives in Toronto with his wife and three children.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- Why does food taste the way that it does.
- What is the Dorito Effect.
- Why are we addicted to certain types of foods.
- One of the major culprits of food addiction.
- How obesity has become the second largest health problem.
- How certain foods are killing us.
- The powerful effects of food flavorings.
- How flavor has changed in our food system.
- Why real foods are getting blander.
- What you can do to reclaim your taste buds.
- What ingredients you should avoid.
- How the flavor industry has impacted animals.
- The difference between pastured meat & free range meat.
Links & Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
Before you go…
Thanks For Listening!
Thanks you so much for joining us this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the bottom of the post. Also, please leave an honest review for The Life, Strength & Health Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated!
Thanks again for listening. Until next time!